Share your Case Studies
Come join our "Learn as you Teach" initiative to democratise healthcare learning by submitting your unique & interesting Case-Studies which will be reviewed by our global medical fraternity as well as an opportunity to be published in leading research journals.
Meet the Instructor
Dr. Krishnan SriramMBBS, FACS, FRCS(C), FCCM, AB(Surgery, Critical Care, Nutrition)
Tele Intensivist, US Veterans Administration Telemedicine ICU System,
Formerly: Fellowship Program Director & Division Chair, Surgical Critical Care,
Director, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, and Nutrition Support Team,
Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago.
What will you learnAt the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- identify malnutrition and at-risk patients with critical illnesses
- understand muscle wasting or sarcopenia
- appreciate the role of early enteral nutrition (EN) in attenuating protein catabolism
- identify easy strategies for increasing the tolerance to EN
- understand the judicious use of parenteral nutrition in critical care
- emphasize the need for nutrition therapy during the continuum of care until discharge and beyond
- Nutrition Therapy in Critically ill Patients
The information in this educational activity is provided for general medical education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a physician relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient's medical condition. The viewpoints expressed in this CME activity are those of the authors/faculty. They do not represent an endorsement by DocMode. In no event will DocMode be liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this CME activity.
The following faculty have indicated they have no relationship which, in the context of their presentations, could be perceived as a potential conflict of interest:
Dr. Krishnan Sriram
DocMode acknowledge the educational grant were received from Fresenius Kabi for the creation of this Internet Enduring activity.
Fresenius Kabi Academy for Continuous Training(FACE)